Scott Adams once said: “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which one to keep.”
Determined to spend a day washing off the dust from my soul – yes, that which often piles up over the chaos that sometimes surrounds us- yesterday, I spent the day with my grandson. The world is different through the eyes of a 5 years old. We walked around the square under the hot weather and a crowd of people gathered with a common purpose; take a break from routine and enjoy living colors. We made rings with fake stones, waves of sand, and balloon animal shapes; splashed our feet in the fountain and threw pennies making a wish. For him it was another fun day; to me a time to lose and find myself, seeing life from a different angle once again. It is in the small things that we re-balance and re-member how simply life could be if we cling on to its basic lessons.
1. Rejoice in life: Be content. Nothing is perfect. It doesn't have to be. Embrace what is. Find your own drum and dance to your own beat.
2. Create: Make it a mission to explore and use your talents giving life to something uniquely yours; something that would make a difference to you and others.
3. Play: It’s not that serious after all! Take a break. Do something fun and silly. Keep the door open and welcome your inner child.
4. Laugh: A good giggle goes a long way. It keeps your heart pumping, relaxes your body, and boosts your immune system. Laugh it out!
5. Love: The greatest feeling of all; the transformer. Love yourself, pass it on, role model it, shape it, live by and through it.
6. Believe: Re-frame your mind. Set no limits. Stand strong in your faith. Be confident and rest assured that everything is possible when we hold on tight to our dreams.
So, a walk in the park holding my grandson’s hand was all I needed. As we begin a new week, let’s find time to reboot, re-energize, and create ways to make it simple by reducing our baggage, packing light, and enjoying this amazing journey we signed up for.