Another three hundred and sixty five days have almost passed by. Many of us take this time to write a list of New Year resolutions. Some of them we fulfill. Some others are forgotten for whatever reason. Does it really matter if we can’t make our day to day one to remember? Sometimes we thrive too much, pushing ourselves to the edge, and thus complicating everything that in reality is as simple as living in the moment, trying to make the best out of it.
Here are the simple steps I have put in place to call upon the simplistic, achieve my desires, and enjoy it as it goes.
1. Never stop learning. Accept that you don’t know it all and make the point of learning something new that captives you every day.
2. Reach out and pay some respect for the ground you are stepping on; the provider and nurturer.
3. Get into some nature therapy. Plant an indoor or outdoor garden; flower, vegetables, herbs – anything that keeps you in touch with your inner child and provides you with some time to reflect.
4. Empower yourself by staying away from the drama. Do what makes you happy. Take control and let others know the lines that can’t be crossed when it comes to your time.
5. Honor your beliefs, stand up and live through them. Find ways to create daily ritual to celebrate life.
6. Be mindful of your words and actions for they tell who you are to the world.
7. Live with the intention of spreading and sharing the best of you; family, friends, co-workers, all can benefit from a smile, the right word, or your attention when needed. You never know the impact you can make in someone else’s life.
8. Most of all learn to develop the skill of patience and tolerance. We are all fighting out own daily battles. We are all warriors in our unique way.
If I ask someone about you today, what would that person say, what would you like that person to say? Let this be your guide to live every day like magic.
The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~ Bertrand Russell~